Morning Routine (pre-makeup stuff that I do):
- Wash off the sleeping pack from the night before with plain water.
- Wash my face with oatmeal soap.
- Tone with Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener.
- Apply eye cream around my eyes.
- Apply Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion to moisturize my face. (My review of this product is here.)
- Apply Clinique Derma White sunblock. I only got mine in a trial size thanks to the wonderful Kikay Trekkie/Marge Tan. (You could also read about this via Liz of Project Vanity. She has a review of this product on her blog.)
- Apply Human Heart Nature lip balm in Watermelon on my lips to prevent them from drying.
Sometimes I change things up a bit by using Human Nature 100% Natural Purifying Scrub or Human Nature Super-Fruits & Black Rice Facial Scrub after washing my face. But I don't always do this. At most, it will be done twice a week or maybe thrice.
As for the emulsion and sunblock -- both products are just great on me! I don't get very oily with them. I only use a pea-sized amount of the emulsion. One of my friends says that it's still a bit heavy on the skin for her but I think it's less sticky compared to other moisturizers out there. And it's been more than a month of continuous use and no breakouts for me. (Yay!) And the sunblock -- I wish I could really afford to buy an entire tube of this! But in case I really think it's too pricey, there's always Biore's sun cream to try one day.
- Remove makeup with Human Nature Sunflower Cleansing Oil. (Used to be done with Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil.)
- Cleanse my face with oatmeal soap.
- * Massage Nature Republic Homemade Recipe Pack in Kelp. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- ** Apply Skin Food Peppermint Pore Diet mask on my face. Peel it off after 15 minutes.
- Tone my face with Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener. (Such a wonderful product! Will review this later on.)
- *** Massage my face with Tony Moly Clean Dew Lemon Seed Massage Cream and wipe off the cream afterwards. Why bother massaging your face? Watch what Bubz has to say about skin care routines.
- Apply eye cream around my eyes.
- Apply The Face Shop's Lovelyme:Ex Lip Care Cream in Vitamin. Got the tip from Geek Girl Manila. Same principle, different product line.
- Apply Nature Republic Lavender Sleeping Pack.
That's a whole lot of stuff, right? Well, #s 3, 4 and 5 are not done everyday. #3 and #4 are done twice a week, one after the other. Or if I am lazy, I do #3 one night and #4 the following night. #6 is done once a week, preferably when I am not doing #3 and #4. But sometimes when I do #6, I don't use the sleeping pack anymore because I find the massage cream quite moisturizing as it is.
All these products are available locally. It's just that I lost the packaging of my oatmeal soap. ~_~ I will ask my friend about that because she gave it to me. My skin care routine basically consists of stuff that help me deal with my oily face, large pores and dry lips. If you're wondering why I use two different lip care products at night and during the day, it's because The Face Shop's Lip Cream is a little sticky but sometimes even if I forget to use lip balm during the day, my lips don't crack. That's something that I really like.
If you will notice, I didn't write anything about using pore strips for my nose anymore. It's because the Kelp Pack does help if you use it regularly. ^_^ A review will also come later. I am just so glad I bought this product when Nature Republic opened their SM Fairview boutique last year.
Out of all the products in this post, only the following were not bought with my own money:
- oatmeal soap (this was a Christmas present from my friend)
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion (courtesy of Aubrey of Benefit Cosmetics Philippines)
- eye cream (something I am currently testing for one of my favorite brands)
Nature Republic, Etude House, Skin Food, Tony Moly and The Face Shop are all Korean brands and you could find all of them in SM North. Benefit is an American brand and they currently have one boutique in Greenbelt 5, but I think they're going to open shops/counters in other malls soon enough. Human Nature is a local brand which you could buy online, in Beauty Bar or Rustan's supermarkets.
Some of these brands have Facebook pages or accounts, so feel free to add them so you could learn more about their products.
If you've got questions about these products I mentioned, feel free to comment. You may also ask other fans of these brands on Facebook. At least you will get different opinions and others could also share their personal testimonies about these products. After all, what works for me, might not work for you.
What's your skin care routine? ^_^ I'd love to hear your tips too.